- What inspired you to write this book?
I love kids. I always have. I wanted to create a new kind of world that teaches lifelong lessons in a fun and adventurous way. In a way that they could understand and want to understand or understand without knowing it.
I’m not a big reader, and I wanted to create something that would pull others into it by just reading the first couple of pages, even the ones that, like me, don’t read that often.
- Summarize your book in one to three sentences as if you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with your book and its topic.
A young girl embarks upon a journey to find light and truth in a land filled with darkness. Her quest brings her face to face with a shape-shifting apprentice and a master Knight. She is also drawn into an ever-increasing awareness of both the visible and invisible elements of her world.
- What is the overall theme (central topic, subject or concept) of your book?
The search for truth and hope
- Where does this book take place?
The mythical land of Novus
- Who are the main characters and why are they important to the story?
- Lady Aliatta is a spoiled young aristocrat whose life becomes entangled with the fate of Novus
- Lavi is a young Transmogrif selected to embark on an important and dangerous mission which will affect the future of Novus
- The High King is an unseen being who sees all that happens in the land. The truth of who he is affects everything.
- Erela are immortal, unseen crystalline beings who carry messages for the High King to the mortals on Novus. They act and speak only on his behalf
- The Dark One was once as Erela. However, many years ago he left that life and now rules Novus with a dark and heavy tyranny.
- Chashaks: Like the Erela, they too serve their master faithfully. Their master, however, is known as The Dark One
- Why do you think that this book will appeal to readers?
If you’re seeking Epic unique adventures that are clean, but also, action packed and well written. The Quest for Hope is for you.
- How is your book relevant in today’s society?
How is it not? Many people continue to search for truth, light, meaning, hope in a world with headlines so full of the dark and ugly. This book highlights the fact that even in the midst of the darkness, there is a light that can be obtained.
- What makes your book different from other books like it?
Well, these days’ fiction fantasy books all seem like they have the same core things. Magic, Evil characters, and Good characters, and the line between good and evil is often blurred. Even so, you pretty much already know from the get-go who is going to win and who is going to lose.
The Invisibles Battles Series takes a different approach. We don’t have magic, there’s nothing that happens that can’t be explained. We draw clear lines between Darkness and Good. Yes, we do have the classic fantasy adventure core elements in there. Such as Evil characters and “Good” characters. And a unique world with different species and races wrapped up in an Epic twist that will leave you wanting more.
- What do you want readers to take away from your writing?
I want readers to be empowered, encouraged, uplifted, and realize that no matter what happens in their life, no matter where they are. There is a someone who is watching out for them and who loves them.
S. King is the pen name for a team of authors who collaborate and contribute to the Invisible Battles series. The Invisible Battles franchise expands beyond written works into video games and audio books.
Visit the author’s website and Amazon page to buy the book!
Find it on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1MskuN6