Hi, I’m Nikita Gupta! I’m a Business Executive (MBA) who became a SAHM, author, serial entrepreneur, and blogger. This multicultural lifestyle blog is dedicated to discussing interracial/intercultural dating and marriage, multicultural parenting, food recipes, and much much more! Welcome to Growing Up Gupta!
- Where are you from? I grew up in the Midwest, US but now reside in the Southeast, US.
- Why do you write? I write and blog to bring awareness to interracial/intercultural dating and marriage, multicultural parenting etc.
- What do you write about? I am the creator of the multicultural lifestyle blog, Growing Up Gupta (www.growingupgupta.com). The blog openly and honestly discusses the joys and challenges of interracial/intercultural dating and marriage, multicultural parenting, fusion recipes and more.
- Do you have a specific writing style? My writing style varies based upon what I’m writing about and my audience.
- What are obstacles that come in the way of writing? Time.
- Whats the most memorable thing asked/said by a reader about your work? There have been so many memorable things said to me by my readers. Here are some of the most impactful.
“I can’t thank you for your blog. Keep doing what you do!”
“Your blog helps us see we are not alone. “We go to your blog everyday to read it because it is helping us navigate our interracial relationship. “
“I have not come across any articles that speak to the kind of relationship and marriage I am in until now.” Thank you for your blog! I wish it was around when we were dating but it is helping so many now and that’s what matters!”
“Your blog is helping my significant other and I stay together and stand together.”
- How long have you been writing? I have been blogging and writing books consistently for 4 years.
- When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer? I have actually always been a writer. When I was in the 4th grade my teacher told my parents that I need a journal because I have so much in my head that I should be putting down on paper.
- What is your work schedule like when you are writing? It is ever changing because I’m also a wife and mom.
- How long does it take to write a book? (if you’ve written one -published or non) It depends on the book. My husband and I wrote two books together prior to this book and they took about 9 months to write. Our newest book is a children’s book called I love masala me and it took 4 months.
- Do you have suggestions on how to become a better writer? Read and write everyday.
- What challenges do you come across when writing/creating your story? With our children’s book, I love masala me. I had to rely on my husband to make sure the Hindi was accurate because it is a bilingual children’s book too.
- What do you think makes a good story? A good story has an exciting opening, a fantastic plot, great character development, and a meaningful ending.
- What does your family think of your writing? They love it.
- Do you see writing as a career? I believe writing is a career for many.
- Do you have anything specific you’d like to tell the readers?
Join us at growingupgupta.com. We hope you love our newest multicultural children’s picture book called I love masala me. It has been a labor of love to create a picture book for multicultural and bilingual/multilingual families. Find our book on amazon in paperback format.
It is also available for pre-order on kindle
Connect with us at www.growingupgupta.com. Follow us on Instagram and Pinterest @growingupguptas, on Twitter @growingupgupta, and on facebook @growingupguptablog