Jerald grew up in beautiful San Diego, CA and as it’s a tourist destination, he decided to attend San Diego State University where he earned his Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering and a minor in Religious Studies. He not only enjoys constructing bridges and structures, but ourselves internally and externally as well. The search for his dreams, the grit and wit of his life contributed to his resilient curiosity about change, the human mind, and our life path. He has studied hundreds of interviews, debates, documentaries, anime, and read countless articles, blogs, books, and anything relevant in which would equip him with invaluable knowledge pertaining to life. His zodiac sign is a cusp of a Cancer and a Leo and he is of house Gryffindor and Stark for all you Harry Potter and Game of Thrones lovers out there.
Stuff He Loves: Basketball, Connect Four, Eating, Music, Ping Pong, Relaxing, Sleeping, Working Out and Working Hard.
Email: Jalbook52 at gmail dot com
Describe yourself in five words
- Ambitious, Benevolent, Determined, Empathetic, Transparent
What fact about yourself would really surprise people?
- I have a Civil Engineering degree and a minor in Religious Studies
How do you work through self-doubts and fear?
- By believing in myself and that whatever occurs in my life I am strong enough to endure.
What scares you the most?
- Losing myself to power and corruption
What makes you happiest?
- Inspiring, motivating and helping others.
Have you always enjoyed writing?
- No, I actually despised writing boring essays in high school and college.
What writing are you most proud of?
- My new book, The Obscured Journey Rise from the Fog of Uncertainty
What are you most proud of in your personal life?
- Persevering through my hardships
What do you hope your obituary will say about you?
- That I was a kind joyous uplifting individual and that I impacted the lives of many.
Location and life experiences can really influence writing, tell us where you grew up and where you now live?
- I grew up in San Diego, CA but I currently reside in San Francisco, CA
What is hardest – getting published, writing or marketing?
- Marketing as its easy to publish but difficult to get your book noticed.
Do you find it hard to share your work?
- No, I give my book out for free all the time. If your scared too give out your book then you will suffer from anxiety. Have faith that some will love your work and that less will not like it.
Is your family supportive? Do your friends support you?
- Very supportive. I am lucky to have them in my circle.
What else do you do, other than write?
- Basketball, Ping Pong, Relax, Eat, Gym, watch documentaries, tv shows, movies, party. I’m a simply guy and I do what makes my heart content whether that be out adventuring or chilling doing absolutely nothing.
What other jobs have you had in your life?
- Bridge Engineer and Civil Engineer
If you could study any subject at university what would you pick?
- Psychology or Philosophy
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- San Diego as there is no place like home.
How much sleep do you need to be your best?
- 6 hours
Every writer has their own idea of what a successful career in writing is, what does success in writing look like to you?
- Well success to me is just getting my book recognized. I don’t have to sell a million copies but if it gets some recognition and changes people lives then that would be a successful writing career for me. No reason to have 50 books if only 2 of them are actually helping others.
It is vital to get exposure and target the right readers for your writing, tell us about your marketing campaign?
- Very vital as there are so many books nowadays and without the right marketing schedule, your book may only be seen by friends and family
Tell us about your new book? Why did you write it?
- My new book is about your path in life, that next chapter and being able to comprehend who you are as an individual. I wrote it because millennials like me are walking around so confused and loss. Even the older generation is confused as they don’t know what’s after retirement or if this is what the rest of my life may look like.
If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone dead or alive, who would you ask?
- Tupac, Jesus, Trayvon Martin, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Abraham Lincoln, & Theodore Roosevelt
When you are not writing, how do you like to relax?
- By laying in bed watching tv or a great movie.
What do you hope people will take away from your writing? How will your words make them feel?
- I hope that people can realize more about themselves internally and that they should only worry about things they can control. As words can deeper than any blade, I hope that my reader feels enlightenment, sadness, anger, and euphoria.
Do you have links that you’d like to share for others to read?