Hello, I’m your author Kendra Williams-Manuel, I grew up in Missouri and I reside there with my husband and son. God and family are so important to me, my life would be different without the two. I started my journey of writing when I was a young child trying to escape my world so I could push through hard times. Writing is my life, it’s my passion. Writing can expand your thought process and can unravel masterpieces if you allow yourself to be taken into the zone of creativity, I’ve learned that on my journey. I encourage all writers to work on their craft daily.
- What motivates you to write? Ideas in my mind that needs to be written down, I’m compelled to write.
- Tell us about your new book? Why did you write it? My new book, “The Mental Journal I Kept on my Sister’s Downfall”, is a memoir about my beloved sister who passed away last February due to abuse and cancer. I wrote this book to show awareness to the abuse, the medical system, and to help others through death and forgiveness.
- When you are not writing, how do you like to relax? Well, I’m a wife and mother to a ten year autistic boy so I spend time with them. They keep me young.
- Is there anyone you’d like to acknowledge and thank for their support? My readers and followers who have supported me through my books, my podcast Mystified, and on my YouTube Channel Kenthetoryteller Williams-Manuel. I’m so grateful for them!
- Where are you from? I am from Missouri, a Midwest baby.
- Why do you write? I write because writing is my world, I’ve been writing since I was a young child. Writing helps expand my creativity.
- What do you write about? I mainly write suspense and horror stories. I grew up watching the Goosebumps series and Steven King movies. I just love to get people’s blood boiling with a little scare. I sometimes scare myself in the process.
- Do you have a specific writing style? I do, I write short stories and novels on purpose. I believe you don’t need a lengthy book or story to tell a great one. No disrespect to those who have them.
- Do you have suggestions on how to become a better writer? Write every day, even if it’s not long. Expanding your creativity could get you a great story or stories one day. Perfecting your craft is the key.
- What challenges do you come across when writing/creating your story? I struggle with trying to create a perfect story, I guess because I am a perfectionist, but what I realized is; a story to me may be okay but great for someone else.
Follow me on Instagram as Kenthestoryteller (https://www.instagram.com/kenthestoryteller/)
Facebook Business Page: @ThrillinNovelist