Angela J. Townsend is a filmmaker and a traditionally published, award-winning author of gothic suspense. Angela is a member of the Author’s Guild in NYC and many other film and writing organizations. Angela is represented by the former Vice President of Paramount Pictures, M. Kenneth Suddleson.
To learn more about her most recent release, Born of the Heart please visit– https://www.bornoftheheart.com
Or visit her website https://www.angelatownsendbooks.com
- Where are you from?
I’m from western Montana. A beautiful place known as the Big Sky Country. I grew up on a farm surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. My childhood was filled with glorious days of playing in the clear, cool waters of Flathead Lake and the Blackfoot river.
- Why do you write?
I write because it brings me joy and a sense of peace.
- What do you write about?
Fictional characters in unusual settings. I’m a fan of the Victorian as well as Edwardian time periods.
- Do you have a specific writing style?
Gothic. I love the classics. My favorite authors are the Brontë sisters, Jane Austen, Mary Shelley, Charles Dickens, and L. M. Montgomery.
- What are obstacles that come in the way of writing?
People. There have been a lot of negative people that have drifted in and out of my life. Thankfully I have a lot of loving, supportive friends and a strong family who uplift me and support my career.
- What’s the most memorable thing asked/said by a reader about your work? You changed my life in a positive way. I’m a very empathic person. I love helping others.
- How long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. I started very early, around four or five.
- When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer?
As a child. I couldn’t think of anything better.
- What is your work schedule like when you are writing?
Early mornings are my best time. I start writing while enjoying my morning tea. My dog is always at my side or curled near my feet.
- What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I can write anywhere and at any time. Noise or distraction doesn’t bother me. In fact, I’m very comfortable in crowded cafes or other busy settings.
- How long does it take to write a book? (if you’ve written one-published or non)
It takes me about a year and then the editing process, which is usually another month. I’m quite fond of writing screenplays which is what I do now full time.
- Do you have suggestions on how to become a better writer?
Yes, keep writing and seek out a critique group. Listen to the feedback of others and consider it wisely.
- What challenges do you come across when writing/creating your story? Finding enough time to write when I’m busy with my movie projects.
- What do you think makes a good story?
Captivating characters and an interesting setting.
- What does your family think of your writing?
I have the most loving and supportive family. I am a very fortunate person to have the support system I do.
- Do you see writing as a career?
Writing is my career. Although I love to write books, I am now in the motion picture industry.
- Do you have anything specific you’d like to tell the readers?
I would like to thank those who enjoy reading my books. Moreover, I am very thankful for their continued love and support. My readers are very dear to me.
- When did you first consider yourself a writer?
When I was old enough to hold a pen.