Laura Johnson is a Southern lady from the great state of Texas. She lived in Florida for over 30 years and now resides in NJ.
Laura was an entertainer for 30+ years. She traveled up and down the East coast from Florida to Maine as a vocalist with a dinner and dance band. She is currently spending part of her time as an audiobook narrator.
‘The Wonderful World of Audiobooks/Earn Money From Home As An Audiobook Narrator’ is Laura’s first book as an author. It was written to help others learn how they can become an audiobook narrator.
Laura loves to read, cook, and spend time with her son and 4 grandchildren.
- Where are you from? Texas
- Why do you write? To help others and it relaxes me, fulfills a need.
- What do you write about? My life experiences, hobbies, and journeys.
- Do you have a specific writing style? Not really, just write from the heart.
- What are obstacles that come in the way of writing? Trying to decide what to write about next.
- What’s the most memorable thing asked/said by a reader about your work? The following review: “What a great read. A wonderful first hand experience style to an introduction to the narration world. If you’ve ever wondered if you could really pull off an audiobook narration this will absolutely inspire you. It certainly has inspired me!”
- How long have you been writing? Since June of 2018.
- When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer? Years ago, when I did some writing assignments in college. Just never followed through. Let life get in the way.
- What is your work schedule like when you are writing? I am retired. So, I have no work schedule to follow.
- What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? I need total quiet, a cup of coffee, and feel the urge to write. That’s hard to explain, but I know when the urge comes on. It’s just a feeling I have.
- How long does it take to write a book? (if you’ve written one -published or non) Since I only write non-fiction, how-to guides, it doesn’t take as long as a fictional novel. The longest time I spent writing was on my new party planning book. It took about 3 months. The shortest amount of time was 1 month.
- Do you have suggestions on how to become a better writer? Not a clue. I was hoping you could answer that question.
- What challenges do you come across when writing/creating your story? I don’t write stories, but my biggest challenge in writing is remembering the life experiences I want to write about. At 70, sometimes memories have faded. But I do a lot of research on the subject I am writing about and that usually jogs my memory.
- What do you think makes a good story? Not my expertise. But I love good chemistry between the characters, lots of action, and of course, a happy ever after ending. I am a romantic at heart.
- What does your family think of your writing? My family, son and grandchildren are very supportive and even those family members that I only interact with online, love what I am doing. My brother is one of my biggest fans. Haven’t seen him in a bout 6 years and he follows me on FB.
- Do you see writing as a career? No career. I am too old for a career. Just a wonderful pastime and hobby that fulfills a need and keeps my mind occupied.
- Do you have anything specific you’d like to tell the readers? Certainly. Never forget your passion. Follow your dreams wherever they may lead. Look at me 70 years young and living my dream.
- When did you first consider yourself a writer? When I published my 1st book and saw my name on the cover on Amazon.
Do you have links that you’d like to share for others to read?
Most important links are:
Link to my new book is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R97BZCW
Website is http://laurajohnsonauthor.com
Email is email@example.com
Other links are:
FB Group site is https://www.facebook.com/groups/279146209295855/
Twitter is https://twitter.com/LauraJo48695810